What is The Deep Student Ambassador Program?
The Deep is on a mission to bring people of all walks of life together through fun, thought-provoking conversation. And we need your help!
We created The Deep Student Ambassador program to spark fun, interesting, and open-minded conversation at schools around the country. As a Student Ambassador, your job is to help organize events, host fun, inclusive conversations – and spread the word about our mission. (And of course, have fun along the way!)
What will I get out of it?
- You’ll become a leader in tackling some of the most important problems of our time: polarization, division, and close-mindedness
- You will be doing something that makes an ACTUAL difference in the world
- You can put this unique and influential experience on your resume
- You’ll have fun and connect with your friends and peers on a deeper level
Sounds awesome! What are the expectations?
As a Student Ambassador, you will have 3 primary jobs:
1. Help us spread the word about The Deep by sharing our mission, marketing materials, and questions on campus and with your peers
2. Host fun, inclusive gatherings where you play The Deep game (we’ll give you $100 per semester/quarter to throw events!)
3. Capture photos and videos of The Deep game, branded items, and/or people answering our questions so we can use it on our website, social media and more!
I’m in! What are my next steps?
1. Apply for the program. Fill out this brief questionnaire to apply to become a student ambassador.
2. Gather your materials. Once accepted into the Student Ambassador program, we’ll send you The Deep Game, some fun branding and marketing materials, and instructions on the kind of content (images, videos) you’ll be asked to create.
3. Start hosting. Use The Deep game to host game nights (or picnics, dinner parties, etc.) with your friends and peers. We’ll reimburse you up to $100 per semester/quarter for event expenses (receipts required for reimbursement).
4. Capture the mission. Using the Deep Game, marketing materials, and other items we send you (plus your budget of $100 per semester/quarter) we ask that you send us the following:
- A minimum of 5 usable videos per semester/quarter (we’ll send you examples of the kind of content that works well – and is fun/easy to capture!)
- A minimum of 10 usable still images per semester or quarter (we’ll send you examples of the kind of good content)
Types of video/imagery you can send us: asking friends and peers questions from our game, putting promotional content around campus, playing the game, etc. These videos/images are used on our social media, email, website, etc.
Other important notes:
Payment and reimbursement:
- Any money we give you must go toward your activities as a Deep Student Ambassador (events, etc.). If you use the budget for other purposes, you will not receive reimbursement and may be terminated from the Student Ambassador Program at The Deep’s sole discretion.
- You will receive a maximum reimbursement of $100 per semester/quarter for Deep events/marketing. In order to receive reimbursement, you must submit full receipts and usable content approved by The Deep (at least 5 usable videos and 10 usable still images). You also recognize and confirm that The Deep may use these images for promotional purposes.
As a Student Ambassador, you agree to abide by The Deep’s values:
- Be curious and open-minded. At The Deep, we know that people hold all different opinions and beliefs. We also know that we have a lot to learn by asking people questions about themselves. We therefore ask eager, open-ended questions that allow people to share their ideas without fear of judgment or retribution.
- Be inclusive and welcoming. All are welcome at The Deep, which means that you will invite people to enjoy The Deep and our mission regardless of their political views, age, race, gender, etc.
- Be mature and respectful. At The Deep, our goal is to recognize and celebrate the huge diversity of opinions and experiences out there. You will therefore listen respectfully to different points of view, regardless of whether you agree with them or not. You will also allow people to have their own opinions, and will not bully people into agreeing with you or conforming to your point of view.
- Have fun. There’s nothing more fun or more meaningful than getting to know people on a deeper level – and hearing about their many different ideas. If you are relaxed and having fun, other people will do the same.